Peoples Kitchen Super Easy Meatloaf (1 Recipe Serves 30)
Make 4 times this recipe. (8 pans 11x15)
- 5 Lbs. ground beef, pork, turkey, or combination thereof.
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, oatmeal, or whatever you have handy.
- 1-cup milk
- 3 - 4 onions finely chopped (you can also use dried onions, but add a
- little additional liquid.)
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1-cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 3 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground pepper
- Crumble bread into the pan provided and add the milk.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add other ingredients and mix with potato masher or clean hands.
- Remove meatloaf mixture from pan temporarily placing on piece of wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Wash pan.
- Form mixture into 2 loaves that fit along the short sides of the pan, leaving a space in the middle.
- Bake at 350 to 400 degrees for 2 hours.
- Pour off grease.
- If you are preparing the meatloaf in the morning it is to be served, cover with foil and come immediately to the Prado Day Center. It will stay warm for an hour or so.
- If you plan to cook at an earlier time, let it cool, refrigerate, or freeze.
- At serving time reheat in oven with foil, cover and bring to the Prado Day Center. Yield- Two (2) loaves. Sliced into 8 slices with one slice down the middle this makes 16 slices per loaf. Eight loaves (4 pans) will make 128 slices
- Mashed potatoes and gravy (available in restaurant sized quantities at Smart and Final) go well with this
People's Kitchen Chili (serves 30 )
Make 5 times this recipe. It is easier to work with you if use several large pots.
- 5 lb. Ground beef or other ground meat
- 1 cup. Dried Onions
- 4 or 5 Chopped Bell Peppers
- 5 lb. Canned Chopped Tomatoes
- 5 lb. Beans - kidney, pinto, black or a mixture
- 40 oz. Tomato Sauce
- 5 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- Break up meat and brown in oven at 450 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off excess grease and stir in additional ingredients.
- Heat until bubbling, about 1 hour.
- Cover tightly with foil and bring immediately to the Prado Day Center.
- Serve with soft tortillas or tortilla chips and grated cheese.
Super Simple Hamburger Pasta Casserole (serves 20)
Make 7 times this recipe. You will need 8 pans 11x15.
- 3 lb. hamburger or other ground meat
- 2-29 oz. cans tomato or marinara sauce
- 1 cp. sour cream
- 1/2 cp. dried onion flakes
- 3 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground pepper
- 3 cp. water
- 1 large package frozen corn or mixed vegetables
- Extra wide egg noodles: 2-12 oz pkgs.
- Grease pan and break up meat in it.
- Brown meat in oven at 450 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off excess grease
- Stir in tomato sauce, sour cream, onion flakes, salt, pepper, water and vegetables.
- Cover pan with heavy-duty foil and heat until bubbling (about 1 hour).
- Add noodles stirring to moisten.
- Cover tightly and bring immediately to the Prado Day Center. (Noodles will be cooked by serving time.) Stir before serving. Serves 20
Chicken with Rice
Make 5 times this recipe
- 25 chicken legs
- 2 boxes Lipton Savory
- Garlic soup (4 envelopes)
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 6 cups rice
- 8 cups water
- Place 25 chicken legs in large roasting pan (18 x 12 x 4” deep)
- Cook in 400-degree oven for 15 minutes, until brown
- Combine Lipton savory, garlic soup, chicken broth rice and water.
- Turn oven down to 350.
- Stir in water, rice and mixed broth.
- Cook 1½ hours. Stir occasionally.
- Cover with foil to keep warm till serving
Oven Roasted Potatoes (Serves 25)
Make 4 times this recipe
- 10 lb potatoes
- 1 C oil
- 2 Boxes Lipton Savory herb with garlic (4 envelopes)
- Cut potatoes into chunks.
- In large bowl combine potatoes, oil, and seasoning packages – coating evenly.
- Bake in large roasting pan at 450 degrees 60+ minutes uncovered till golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Season with parsley.
Broccoli and Rice Casserole (feeds 65)
Make two times this recipe.
- 10 lb. Frozen broccoli, uncooked
- 2 (50oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (50 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
- 10 cups raw rice, cooked partially
- 3 lb sliced or shredded processed cheese
- Sprinkle broccoli in roaster or steam table plans. Sprinkle rice over top.
- Spoon on mushroom soup, then chicken soup.
- Top with sliced or shredded processed cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.
Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini (Serves 8-10)
Make 12 times this recipe. You will need 8 pans, 11x15
- 16 oz pkg spaghetti
- ¼ C butter, melted
- 3C cubed cooked turkey/chicken
- 2 (4oz) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 oz jar diced pimiento, drained
- ¼ C chopped celery
- ¼ C chopped green pepper
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- ½ C Flour
- 1/3 C red wine vinegar
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1C half and half (light cream)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- ½ C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 14 oz sliced almonds, toasted (opt)
- Cook spaghetti according to directions; drain. Place in large bowl, add melted butter, tossing gently to mix. Add turkey and next 7 ingredients; toss gently.
- Combine flour and vinegar in medium bowl, beating well with a wire whisk. Add broth, half and half, and garlic powder; stir well. Pour over spaghetti mixture; stir gently.
- Spoon into 11 x 15 x 2’ baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 – 12 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Prepare 8 - 10 of these to feed at Prado.
Sheppard’s Pie (serves 10)
Make 12 times this recipe. You will need 8 pans 11x15
- 2 pounds ground meat
- Boxed Mashed Potatoes from Smart and Final
- Cook 2 pounds ground meat
- Put in the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- Cover with mashed potatoes
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. Taco seasoning
- 1 can chopped tomatoes with chilies
- 2 cans corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 - 3 pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Sauté ground beef with chopped onion, season with salt and pepper.
- When meat is browned add can of tomatoes (undrained), taco seasoning, and drained corn. Mix well.
- Pour into deep 11X15 deep dish.
- Spread beans over meat mixture.
- Spread shredded cheese over beans.
- Mix corn muffin mix according to package directions. Spread over cheese.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for approx 40 min or til corn muffin mix is baked through.
This can be made ahead and frozen. Cook before freezing then place frozen in a 320 oven for approx 1.2 hours or until hot.
Macaroni and Cheese (serves 12)
Make 10 times this recipe. You will need 8 pans 11x15
- 2 lbs Pasta
- 4 eggs
- 4 t butter
- 2 t salt
- 4 t dry mustard
- ¼ cup hot water
- 8 cups grated cheese
- 2 cups milk
- Cook and drain pasta
- Stir eggs, butter, salt, mustard, water, grated cheese, and milk into pasta
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased pan. Sprinkle with cheese
- -Optional - You can refrigerate over night.
- Bake for about 1 hour until golden brown.
Sloppy Joe's (Serves 18)
Make six times this recipe.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 3 cups ketchup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 100 hamburger buns
- Brown beef and onion until cooked through.
- Combine remaining ingredients
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
Serving: Put a scoop of meat mixture on hamburger bun, some people like to add cheese and/or chopped onions.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie (Serves 16)
Make 7 times this recipe. You will need 8 pans 11x15
- 1 3lb bag mixed vegetables, thawed and rained
- 4 C diced cooked chicken (You can purchase already cooked chickens at Albertsons or Costco)
- 3 C condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3 C Bisquick mix
- 1.5 C milk
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 400
- In an ungreased large pan mix vegetables, chicken and soup until blended
- Stir bisquick, milk, eggs until blended and pour over chicken mixture
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown
Spaghetti and Meatballs
You will need 8 pans 11x15
- 10 lbs of spaghetti
- 10 jars of prego (can be purchased at Cosco)
- 5 Big bags of frozen meatballs, everyone wants several meat balls (can be purchased at Costco)
- Cook the spaghetti, mix in the meatballs
Lentil Soup (Serves 120)
Make this recipe once. this is another recipe that is easiest to transport in several
big pots rather than just one
- 5 lbs. thick bacon slices cut into six pieces
- 10 medium onions
- 10 large carrots
- 10 large stalk celery
- 10 garlic cloves
- 40 cups water (2.5 gallon)
- 120 ounces of lentils (7.5 lbs)
- 10 chicken bouillon cubes
- 20 tablespoon parsley (1 bunch)
- 4 teaspoon salt (1.3 tablespoon)
- 5 teaspoon pepper1.6 tablespoon
- 5 teaspoon thyme leaves1.6 tablespoon
- 10 bay leaves
- 10 28-ounce cans tomatoes chopped or salsa style
- 10 cups water (2.5 quarts)
- Fry bacon, remove. (1.5 hours)
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to bacon fat;
- Cook and stir over medium heat until celery is tender. (about 1 hour)
- Stir in bacon, 40 cups water, lentils, bouillon cubes, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme and bay leaves.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until soup thickens, (about 1 hour)
- Stir in tomatoes with liquid and 1 cup water.
- Simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
Notes: Suggestions from one of the serving groups
- Use a 32 quart pot that sits on two burners of our residential stove. The tomatoes are heated separately in a 12-quart pot so they are added hot to speed the process along. At the end, I separate the soup back into two containers so they are manageable during transport.
- I begin at 7:00 AM and finish at 11:30 AM. The bacon can be cooked the night before if desired.
This is a popular side dish, plan on 4 pans 11x15
Make three time this recipe.
- 6 lbs. macaroni
- 1 gallon Miracle Whip
- 3 bunches of celery
- 3 onions, minced
- 3 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 9 bell peppers, chopped
- 32 oz. kidney beans
- 32 oz. canned tuna
- 1 bag parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni and drain. Stir in ingredients until blended.
Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole
Prep time 20 mins Cook time 30 mins Total time 50 mins
- 6 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 cups dry Basmati rice
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Enchilada sauce (green is a littler milder, red has a bit of kick)
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (11 oz) corn kernel
- cilantro for garnish
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
You can also add black beans and onions
- Cook the rice.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together.
- In a large bowl mix the shredded chicken with the enchilada sauce, refried beans and half of the cheese. Add rice, season with salt and pepper if needed, and mix well. Pour rice mixture into a large casserole dish. Top with corn then with remainder of cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm.
FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH MORRO BAY - CHICKEN DISH
Can be done in one day or over two days
6 cooked chickens (Costco roasted chickens)
12 cans of cream of mushroom, cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
4 pounds of onions
3 bunches of celery
Butter for sauté
6 pounds of wide egg noodles
6 cooked chickens, chopped and divided into 3 batches
3 bunches of celery chopped (1 for each batch)
4 lbs. of onions chopped (divided into 3 batches)
Sauté celery and onions until translucent. Do not overcook.
Butter 3 baking pans.
Open 12 cans of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup, stir in chicken broth to thin out or use broth from chickens; , approx. ½ can; add to chicken and celery/onion mixture
Cook in 3 batches, of 2 pounds each, the egg noodles
Stir chicken mixture into noodles carefully, adding half of the graded cheese.
Top with rest of the grated cheese.
Cover and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. (NOTE: if cooked longer reduce the heat to 325)